Summary and Setup
This tutorial is a practical exercise on digital practices to curate interactive experiences and support GLAM’s researchers and practitioners to engage with their audiences through the design of multimedia applications, making use of appropriate frameworks and tools.
The tutorial covers topics such as:
- Managing a digital exhibition/experience project
- Defining users or target audiences through UX and visitor research methods
- Designing a storyboard for a multimedia interpretative application.
During the tutorial we will use established methods and frameworks to practice how to manage a digital exhibition/experience design project from the stage of its conception to the stage of its conceptualisation through a storyboard.
For these, you will need to access to one of the following resources:
- Persona builder template or Hubspot - Make my persona tool or Canva persona template (you will need to create an account).
- Project canvas template or Miro editable template (you will need to create an account)
- Storyboard building template or Miro editable template (you will need to create an account).
The tutorial is built with The Carpentries Workbench, as part of the training activities of the AHRC-funded network service on Digital Skills in Visual and Material Culture.